Its January 2020. How crazy is that?? We're in the roaring 20s! I wonder what people will say about us 100 years from now, what will we be known for? What will they say in schools? Haha just things I think about!
Alright so I wanted to write a post about some of my favorite beauty products int he winter time. This time of year is hard on your skin and hair with all the frigid, dry air outside and the central heating inside. For me, its all about hydration! I slather on moisturizer like there is no tomorrow! Below is a list of some of my favorite products for this time of year that keeps my hair and skin soft and supple (none of these are sponsored, I'm just sharing because I love them):
1. Peter Thomas Roth Pro Strength Retinoid Peptide Serum: I use this probably 5 nights a week. Its a retinol serum you leave on overnight and helps with fine lines and wrinkles. It has made a huge difference in my skin! Its much softer and smoother looking, and I wake up with more of that fresh glow! Start using it every other night and see how your skin likes it, and then you can work up to every night.
2. Laneige Water Sleeping Mask: I've talked about Laneige a lot, its one of my favorite brands! I have a ton of their products and one of my absolute favorites is the Water Sleeping Mask. It melts into your skin, and as the name suggests you use it overnight. You wake up with this gorgeous glow and your skin feels like it got its' thirst quenched!
3. Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask: Another Laneige favorite! I use this religiously, both day and night! I haven't found anything that hydrates my lips as well as this (and I've tried A LOT of stuff).
4. IT Cosmetics CC+ Color Correcting Full Coverage Cream with SPF 50: This is a newfound gem that I just started using in December. I use it as a foundation, and I switched out my Clinique one for this as it has SPF! And I use SPF all year round, it helps protect your skin from computer screens, pollution etc., not just the sun! The color I use is Light Medium and it gives me such a nice, dewy complexion!
5. Nivea Creme: I've used Nivea for years, and all the women in my family have always been huge fans! My grandmother used them too so I actually grew up with Nivea! My favorites are the heavier "Creme", which is the classic blue jar (comes in metal and plastic) - I use this for my hands and feet at night before bed. My other favorite is the Nivea Soft which is a tad lighter than the Creme, and I use this after showering each day. One of the great things about Nivea is that its a drugstore brand and not very expensive! I never splurge on body lotion as I use so much of it.
6. Coconut oil: This should come as no surprise if you know me or follow me on Instagram! I use coconut oil in my hair as a deep treatment a few times a week. I basically drench my hair in it, braid it, and go to sleep! Then after washing my hair I put a small amount through the lengths and ends. Its a miracle worker, truly! Do this for a few months and you'll get long luscious locks (you also need to avoid heat styling and a slew of other things, but that's a separate blog post right there).
What are some of your favorite winter beauty products? Does your routine change a lot between the seasons? Tell me here or on Instagram, would love to hear from you!