If you follow me on Instagram, you know I make this dish AT LEAST once a week! If we're trying this vegan thing down the road, this will definitely be one of the dishes I'll miss the most! Its a staple in my repertoire and its so easy and only takes about 20 minutes to make, so its perfect even on busy weeknights when you come home from work tired.
I usually switch out the veggies and do whatever I feel like that day. But I'm a HUGE fan of bagged veggie mixes, either fresh or frozen. Most grocery stores have a variety of options so just find something you like. You can also mix multiple kinds! One of my favorites is from Trader Joes and its broccoli, cauliflower and walnuts. You just put that in a pan with some olive oil for 10-15 minutes, and YUM! They also ave some great frozen mixes, like their quinoa mix and their cauliflower stir fry. Just cut open the bag, put in a pan with some olive oil and cook until done (from frozen). You can also do salad mixes, or just roast some veggies in the oven - I like sweet potatoes, carrots, Brussel sprouts and broccoli!
For the salmon, we usually do 3-4 fillets with the skin on (we usually do fresh but you can do frozen too, just thaw beforehand). I put them on some aluminum foil on an oven rack and I love blackening seasoning, but you can also use Creole or whatever you like really! Just salt and pepper and some lemon works too! Then put them in the oven at 415F for 18 minutes, and voila! While the salmon cooks, you sauté the veggies. So the whole meal takes right about 20 minutes!
OVEN BAKED SALMON WITH SAUTEED VEGGIES
What you'll need:
- 2-4 fresh salmon fillets with skin on (depending on how many portions you want, typically one fillet is one portion)
- Blackening seasoning, Creole seasoning or anything of your choice
- 2 bags of a veggie mix of choice, fresh or frozen
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Turn the oven to 415F
2. While the oven heats up, prep the salmon - put the salmon on a sheet of aluminum foil on an oven rack and sprinkle with Blackening seasoning
3. Heat up a large pan and drizzle with olive oil
4. Once oil is hot, put the veggie mix in
5. Put the salmon in the oven for 18 minutes and sautee veggies during that time
6. Take out the salmon and use a fork to separate it from the skin (which will be stuck to the tin foil)
7. Serve over the veggies, and enjoy!